1/8" Carbide Pointed Burr - 240 Grit
Pointed Detail Burr with a difference!
PB8 - Carbide Detail Burr. 1/8” (3mm)
The PB8 pointed burr is a carbide coated burr with a difference! In addition to being an amazing, fine detail burr for carvers, it can be used to drill hard, shiny, curved surfaces (such as fragile, resin coated, curved, fiberglass structures), without the need to centre punch a starting dimple. This eliminates the ‘drill walk’ problem associated with regular drills that don’t have the benefit of a starting dimple. Once through the material, it can then be moved laterally to enlarge the hole size or create an irregular shape or track while at the same time smoothing edges to a sanded finish!
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Clean holes with no need to centre punch a starting dimple.
- Virtually no chipping of hard fiberglass edges.
- Smooth 80, 120 or 240 grit sanded finishes.
- Very strong. Can be drawn laterally to enlarge holes or create shaped cavities.
- Grit won’t tear loose.
- Can be cleaned and restored to ‘as new’ condition for the next project.
Drills, details and sands on the following materials:
- Hard and soft woods
- Carbon Fibre
- and more!
- (Not recommended for use on metal)
Diameter: 1/8" (3mm) - pointed tip
Shaft: 1/8" (3mm)
Grit Grade: 240
(240 grit removes very little material and is used to fine tune and/or polish carvings).