Carbide Rounded End Burr - 80 Grit
Round End Carving & Channeling Burr
SR-REB - Rounded End Carbide Carving Burr
Dimple carvings, 'write' carved name boards and signs. Cut channels in wallboard, wood trim or base board to accommodate data, phone and speaker wiring.
This long life carbide coated burr is designed primarily for wood and gourd carving. In addition to being an amazing carving burr, it can be used in DIY and modelling functions. The tip is removable and can be cleaned to further extend its already long working life! At the same time as removing and shaping material, this tool smooths to a sanded finish, dictated by the grit grade!
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Create holes in melamine, wood, fibreglass, composites etc., with no need to centre punch a starting dimple.
- ‘Write’ wood display signage, using rounded end
- Carve data cable channels in the back of baseboard (and cover with tape to keep cables neat and hidden
- Carve dimples and hollows in wood carvings, decorative furniture panels and chair backs
- Use the side of the cylinder to sand like a 1/4” sanding band
- Virtually no chipping of hard fiberglass edges.
- The 60 grit version is great for rapid material removal
- The 80 & 120 grit versions provide a smooth sanded finish
- Can be drawn laterally to enlarge holes or create shaped cavities.
- Very strong. Grit won’t tear loose.
- Mounted on an extra strong, steel mandrel (ESM)
- Can be cleaned and restored to ‘as new’ condition for the next project.
Carve, dimple and sand on the following materials:
- Hard and soft woods
- Rigid Foam
- and more!
- (Not recommended for use on metal)
Diameter: 1/4" (6mm)
Extra Strength Mandrel: 1/8" (3mm)
Grit Grade: 80