Flat Head - Sanding Band Replacement
SR-FHB - Flat Head Carbide Carving Burr and sanding band replacement
Employ where you would typically use ordinary 1/4" sandpaper sleeves but enjoy the added benefit of end sanding with the carbide coated end-face and a much, much longer life. No need to keep changing worn, torn sandpaper sleeves.
This long life carbide coated burr is designed primarily for wood and gourd carving. In addition to being an amazing carving burr, it can be used in DIY and modelling functions. The tip is removable and can be cleaned to further extend its already long working life! At the same time as removing and shaping material, this tool smooths to a sanded finish, dictated by the grit grade!
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Sand surfaces and edges of wood, fibreglass laminates and much more
- Use carbide grit end face for low-relief sanding & carving
- Enlarge holes and finish them at the same time
- Use as you would an ordinary 1/4” sandpaper sleeve but enjoy carbide ‘end sanding’ feature and a much longer working life
- No need to keep stopping work to change worn sandpaper sleeves
- No need to own a 1/4” rubber expanding mandrel
- No fear of a sanding band unravelling and flying apart
- 60, 80 or 120 grit sanded finishes.
- Virtually no chipping of hard fiberglass edges.
- Can be drawn laterally to create shaped cavities.
- Very strong. Grit won’t tear loose.
- Mounted on an extra strong, steel mandrel (ESM)
- Can be cleaned and restored to ‘as new’ condition for the next project.
Carve and sand the following materials:
- Hard and soft woods
- Rigid Foam
- and more!
- (Not recommended for use on metal)
Diameter: 1/4" (6mm)
Extra Strength Mandrel: 1/8" (3mm)
Grit Grade: 80